Definition of toonie
: a coin worth two Canadian dollars Talented street musicians and performers work the crowds here [in Quebec] for a few loonies ($1 coins) or toonies ($2 coins) …— Sony Stark, Preview Massachusetts, August 2007
Note: The toonie has an inner circle of gold and an outer ring of white gold.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game