Definition of toonie
: a coin worth two Canadian dollars Talented street musicians and performers work the crowds here [in Quebec] for a few loonies ($1 coins) or toonies ($2 coins) …— Sony Stark, Preview Massachusetts, August 2007
Note: The toonie has an inner circle of gold and an outer ring of white gold.
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game