tonnage and poundagenoun
Definition of tonnage and poundage
: a duty on every tun of wine or pound of wool and other articles formerly granted as a subsidy to the crown on all goods exported or imported
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game