Definition of tomato streak
: a virus disease of tomatoes, potatoes, peas, and a wide range of other plants believed to result from a mixed infection of potato mosaic and tomato mosaic and characterized by wilting and dark elongated streaks on stems and petioles and bronzing and necrosis of the leaves at first in spots but later in general
— called also spotted wilt
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game