Definition of tomato canker
: a bacterial canker of tomatoes caused by a bacterium (Clavibacter michiganensis michiganensis synonym Corynebacterium michiganense michiganense) and characterized by elongated brown cankers on the stems and sudden wilting of nearly mature plants and by spotting of the maturing fruits
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game