Definition of tolylene diisocyanate
: any of six isomeric esters CH3C6H3(NCO)2 of isocyanic acid or a mixture of them especially : a liquid isomer made by reaction of tolylenediamine (see tolylenediamine sense a) and phosgene and used by itself or in a mixture with another meta isomer in making polyurethanes; 4-methyl-meta-phenylene diisocyanate
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game