Definition of toeboard
: a support or reinforcement (as of board) for the toes or at the base of something the toeboard of a swing : such as
a : the sloping boards in the floor of an automotive vehicle in front of the forward seat
b : a curved piece of wood fastened to the ground at the front of the circle used for shot putting, throwing the weight, or similar contests to prevent overstepping
c : a low border (as about a staging) especially to prevent dropping of tools or other objects
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?