to top it (all) offidiom
Definition of to top it (all) off
—used to indicate a final thing that happened that was even better, worse, etc., than what happened before The car was filthy when she returned it to me, and to top it (all) off, there was almost no gas left in the tank.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game