Definition of to top it (all) off
—used to indicate a final thing that happened that was even better, worse, etc., than what happened before The car was filthy when she returned it to me, and to top it (all) off, there was almost no gas left in the tank.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game