to the satisfaction of (someone)idiom
Definition of to the satisfaction of (someone)
: so that someone is happy, pleased, or satisfied The charge must be proved to the satisfaction of the court.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game