to someone's disappointmentidiom
Definition of to someone's disappointment
: causing someone to feel sad, unhappy, or displeased because something was not as good as expected or because something hoped for or expected did not happen To our disappointment, the game was rained out.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game