to end allidiom
Definition of to end all
: being the final or ultimate version of something because nothing else comparable could follow The company claims that its new product will be a/the computer to end all computers. World War I was supposed to be the war to end all wars.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game