Definition of titi
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a tree (Cliftonia monophylla of the family Cyrillaceae) of the southeastern U.S. with leathery leaves and racemes of fragrant white flowers
Definition of titi (Entry 2 of 2)
: any of a genus (Callicebus) of small South American monkeys having long thick variably colored fur and a tail that is not prehensile
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game