Definition of titanic acid
: any of various amorphous weakly acid substances that are hydrates of titanium dioxide obtainable from solutions of titanium tetrachloride or basic titanium sulfate: such as
a : a gelatinous highly hydrated substance that is the ortho acid
b : a less highly hydrated substance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?