Definition of titanic acid
: any of various amorphous weakly acid substances that are hydrates of titanium dioxide obtainable from solutions of titanium tetrachloride or basic titanium sulfate: such as
a : a gelatinous highly hydrated substance that is the ortho acid
b : a less highly hydrated substance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game