Definition of tipsy cake
: a sponge layer cake soaked in wine or brandy with custard or preserves between the layers, frosted with whipped cream, and decorated with toasted almonds
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game