tip overphrasal verb
tipped over; tipping over; tips over
Definition of tip over
: to fall over or to cause (something) to fall over The glass nearly tipped over. He accidentally tipped the lamp over and broke it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game