tin·man | \ ˈtinmən\
Definition of tinman
1 : a maker of or worker in tinplate : tinsmith
2 : one who supervises the weighting of cloth or yarn with a tin solution
— called also tinner
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game