Definition of tin spot
: a small hard white mass that is sometimes found in phosphor bronze, composed of an alloy of copper, tin, and phosphorus, frequently so hard as to be untouched by a file, and caused by excess of phosphorus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?