Definition of time service
: the determination and announcement of the precise time usually conducted as a part of the work of an astronomical obervatory, usually based on transit observations of stars, and announced mainly by telegraphic and radio signals — compare time signal
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game