time heals all woundsidiom
Definition of time heals all wounds
—used to say that feelings of sadness, disappointment, etc., gradually go away as time passes I thought I would never be able to love again, but, as they say, time heals all wounds.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game