Definition of tilla
1 or less commonly til or tila plural tillas also tils or tilas : the basic monetary unit of the khanates of Bukhara and Khiva in the late 19th and early 20th centuries also : a gold coin representing one of these tillas
2 plural tillas : a formerly used monetary unit of Afghanistan equal to ten rupees also : a gold coin representing one Afghan tilla
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game