Definition of tilla
1 or less commonly til or tila plural tillas also tils or tilas : the basic monetary unit of the khanates of Bukhara and Khiva in the late 19th and early 20th centuries also : a gold coin representing one of these tillas
2 plural tillas : a formerly used monetary unit of Afghanistan equal to ten rupees also : a gold coin representing one Afghan tilla
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?