Definition of till basket
: a small rectangular basket for packing fruits or vegetables having its bottom and sides formed of two crossed pieces of veneer or of other material (as plastic or paperboard), usually holding a pint or quart, and often fitting into a larger crate or other shipping container — compare berry basket, climax basket
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game