variants: or ticker \ ˈtikə(r) \
Definition of tikker
: a form of interrupter used in the early days of radio as a detector of continuous waves consisting of a rapidly rotating wheel and a fine wire brush with the current made and broken by momentary contacts between the brush and a continuous strip of conducting material in the rim of the wheel
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game