variants: or tigertail spruce \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗- \
Definition of tiger's-tail spruce
: a Japanese evergreen tree (Picea polita) that has rigid spiny leaves and is often cultivated for ornament
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?