tier·ce·ron | \ ˈtirsərən\
Definition of tierceron
: one of the minor or intermediate ribs in Gothic vaulting that spring from the pier on each side of the main diagonal rib and therefore do not pass through the center of the vault
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game