ti·bour·bou | \ tə̇ˈbu̇r(ˌ)bü\
Definition of tibourbou
: a tropical American tree (Apeiba tibourbou) of the family Tiliaceae with yellowish flowers in lateral cymes, bark that yields jangada fiber, and an extraordinarily light wood that is used along the coast of Brazil for making jangadas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?