\ ˈthərs, -ə̄s, -əis\
Definition of thyrse
: an inflorescence as in the lilac and horse chestnut in which the main axis is racemose and the secondary and later axes are cymose
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game