thun·berg lespedeza | \ ˈthənˌbərg-\
Definition of thunberg lespedeza
: an Asiatic lespedeza (Lespedeza thunbergii) with long slender racemes of purple flowers that is used as an ornamental and is often found as an escape from cultivation in North America
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?