thu·ja·pli·cin | \ -ˈplīsᵊn\
Definition of thujaplicin
: any of three isomeric crystalline compounds C3H7C7H5O2 that are obtained especially from the heartwood of the western red cedar and possess the fungicidal properties that preserve this wood against decay : isopropyl-tropolone
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game