Definition of thrust horsepower
1 : the actual horsepower delivered by the engine-propeller unit in an airplane and found less than brake horsepower because the propeller is never 100 percent efficient
2 : the thrust of a jet engine or a rocket expressed in horsepower and found by multiplying thrust in pounds by speed of aircraft and dividing by 375
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game