variants: or thrust block
Definition of thrust bearing
: a bearing to resist end thrust specifically : one provided with collars or horseshoe-shaped pieces or rollers which bear against corresponding collars on the shaft journal
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game