Definition of throat sheet
: a boiler plate on a steam locomotive flanged to connect the cylindrical part of the boiler with the side sheets of the firebox or on some models with both the side and roof sheets
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game