variants: or three-color process
Definition of three-color photography
: any of various processes of color photography wherein three primary colors (as blue-violet, green, and red in the additive process or magenta, yellow, and blue-green in the subtractive process) are used to produce the color of the subject photographed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?