Definition of thread blight
: a disease of cocoa, tea, citrus, and other woody plants in semitropical and tropical countries caused by basidiomycetous fungi of the genera Pellicularia and Marasmius that form filamentous strands of mycelium over the surface of leaves and twigs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game