thio·phosphoric acid | \ "+...-\
Definition of thiophosphoric acid
: any of a series of acids derived from the phosphoric acids by replacement of one or more atoms of oxygen with sulfur especially : the mono-thio orthophosphoric acid H3PO3S obtained as a concentrated solution at low temperature or in the form of salts and esters
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?