thi·o·nate | \ ˈthīəˌnāt, -nə̇t\
Definition of thionate
(Entry 1 of 2)
thi·o·nate | \ -ˌnāt\
Definition of thionate (Entry 2 of 2)
: to combine with sulfur or introduce sulfur into (an organic compound) especially in making sulfur dyes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game