Definition of thimbleflower
1 : a self-heal (Prunella vulgaris)
2 : a foxglove (Digitalis purpurea)
3 : a gilia (Gilia capitata) with lavender blue flowers in dense heads
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game