Definition of thimble lily
1 : an Australian plant (Blandfordia nobilis) cultivated for its ornamental racemose flowers
2 : a lily (Lilium bolanderi) of western U.S. and that is used as an ornamental and has whorled leaves and red-purple flowers with darker spots
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game