ther·mo·electromotive force | \ ¦thər(ˌ)mō+...-\
Definition of thermoelectromotive force
: electromotive force in a circuit composed of dissimilar conductors that is produced because of its not being at a uniform temperature throughout — compare peltier effect , thomson effect
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?