there you are/goidiom
Definition of there you are/go
1 —used to tell someone that one is giving what he or she was asked for There you are, sir. That will be $3 for the coffees."Could you pass the salt?" "Sure, there you go."
2 —used to indicate that something is completed or done in a satisfactory way You just plug it in, push this button, and there you are.Wait, I want to fix your tie. There you go.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game