there is to be said foridiom
Definition of there is to be said for
—used with words such as something, a lot, much, etc., to indicate that something has advantages which deserve to be considered when someone is thinking about what to do There is something to be said for small weddings.There's a lot to be said for traveling abroad to learn a language.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game