there is to be said foridiom
Definition of there is to be said for
—used with words such as something, a lot, much, etc., to indicate that something has advantages which deserve to be considered when someone is thinking about what to do There is something to be said for small weddings.There's a lot to be said for traveling abroad to learn a language.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game