Definition of therapeutic positivism
: positivism that undertakes to remedy the ambiguities, paradoxes, and perplexities of traditional philosophical and especially metaphysical problems by employing logical analysis to disclose the linguistic confusions that give rise to them
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game