Definition of the younger
1 —used in comparing the ages of two people who are members of the same family He's the younger of her two brothers.
2 —used to refer to the younger of two people (such as a father and son) who have the same name the painters Hans Holbein the Elder and his son Hans Holbein the Younger
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game