the writing/handwriting is on the wallidiom
Definition of the writing/handwriting is on the wall
—used to say that it is clear that something bad will probably happen soon I haven't lost my job yet, but the writing is on the wall: my company just laid off 50 more people today.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game