Definition of the ticket
informal + somewhat old-fashioned
: the correct or most desirable thing : the thing that is needed or wanted Compromise, now that's the ticket. —often used in the phrase just the ticket For a romantic dinner, candles are just the ticket.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?