the talk of the townnoun phrase
Definition of the talk of the town
: a person or thing that many people in a town, city, etc., are talking about in an interested or excited way The new restaurant is the talk of the town.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game