the suburbsplural noun
Definition of the suburbs
: towns or other areas where people live in houses near a larger city the suburbs of Chicago also : one of the suburbs of a city She left the city and moved to the suburbs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game