the same oldidiom
Definition of the same old
informal + usually disapproving
—used to refer to something that has not changed I was hoping for something different, but all I got was more of the same old thing.They brought up the same old argument/story yet again!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game