Definition of the rest
: the part that is left when other people or things are gone, used, etc. : the remainder You bring these bags in, and I'll bring the rest. —often + of We ate the rest of the cake.He would regret that decision for the rest of his life.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game