the present perfectnoun
Definition of the present perfect
Note: The present perfect in English is formed with "has" and "have" and the past participle of a verb, as in "He has left," and "They have found what they were looking for."
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game