the other/opposite/flip side of the coinnoun phrase
Definition of the other/opposite/flip side of the coin
: a different way of looking at or thinking about a situation The economy is improving, but the other side of the coin is that inflation is becoming a bigger problem.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game